The Todd Pletcher-trained Ocean Drive has been retired from racing and will be bred in 2005, with breeding plans to be determined at a later date.
Favored Ocean Drive, ridden by John Velazquez, made a sweeping move around the leaders to seize the lead and draw away to win the $150,000 Noble Damsel Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park Saturday, her fourth grade III victory in 2004.
Ocean Drive exploded to the lead in midstretch and drew off to score by nearly three lengths in the $100,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Ocean Drive, whose maiden victory on closing day last year gave Todd Pletcher his first training title at Saratoga, leads a field of 14 into Monday's $100,000-added Lake George (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry