The Todd Pletcher-trained Ocean Drive has been retired from racing and will be bred in 2005, with breeding plans to be determined at a later date.
Favored Ocean Drive, ridden by John Velazquez, made a sweeping move around the leaders to seize the lead and draw away to win the $150,000 Noble Damsel Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park Saturday, her fourth grade III victory in 2004.
Ocean Drive exploded to the lead in midstretch and drew off to score by nearly three lengths in the $100,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Ocean Drive, whose maiden victory on closing day last year gave Todd Pletcher his first training title at Saratoga, leads a field of 14 into Monday's $100,000-added Lake George (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- Pint-Sized Pasadena Girl Uncorks Champagne
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD
- Muhaarar, Redstart Win Newbury Classic Trials
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- Pondarosa Miss Prevails in Easter Thriller