The Todd Pletcher-trained Ocean Drive has been retired from racing and will be bred in 2005, with breeding plans to be determined at a later date.
Favored Ocean Drive, ridden by John Velazquez, made a sweeping move around the leaders to seize the lead and draw away to win the $150,000 Noble Damsel Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park Saturday, her fourth grade III victory in 2004.
Ocean Drive exploded to the lead in midstretch and drew off to score by nearly three lengths in the $100,000 Eatontown Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park Saturday.
Ocean Drive, whose maiden victory on closing day last year gave Todd Pletcher his first training title at Saratoga, leads a field of 14 into Monday's $100,000-added Lake George (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham