The yearling sales market at Karaka declined 6.4% to $72,387,700 ($61,248,468) in total sales during New Zealand Bloodstock's marathon week of trading that concluded Feb. 4.
A Swiss Ace colt sold for $125,000 (US$105,663) Feb. 3 at Karaka, a record price for New Zealand Bloodstock's Festival yearling sale.
The select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's National yearling sales series concluded Feb. 1 at Karaka with declines in total sales and average price, but median held steady.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets