Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner Proud Spell takes on at least one-half of a powerful Godolphin Stable entry in a small but entertaining line-up for the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 16.
Godolphin's Music Note, impressive winner of the grade I Mother Goose and Coaching Club American Oaks likely will stay in her own division and point for the Alabama Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 16.
Just as she did in her previous start, Sweet Vendetta took advantage of the off-track conditions, roaring through the muddy stretch at Pimlico Race Course to record a 1 1/2-length victory in the $200,000 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) May 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection