The Arqana breeding stock sale in Deauville posted powerful results through its first two days of trading Dec. 8-9, with cumulative figures already exceeding overall numbers at the 2011 sale.
Sweet Stream, an English champion and French group I winner, has been retired from racing because of a bone fracture in a hind foot.
French-based Sweet Stream has been withdrawn from consideration for the Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) Nov. 1 at Flemington, Barry Irwin, president of Team Valor, announced Thursday.
Sweet Stream, the French-based mare who booked passage to the Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) with a convincing victory last week in the Park Hill Stakes (Eng-II) in England, will be ridden Nov. 1 at Flemington by veteran jockey Greg Childs.
Team Valor's Sweet Stream caught Kastoria late to post a 1 1/4-length victory in the Park Hill Stakes (Eng-II) at England's Doncaster Racecourse.
Team Valor's outsider Sweet Stream pulled a major upset in the Prix Vermeille (Fr.-I) at Longchamp Sunday, defeating a field of fillies that included recent French Oaks (Fr-I) winner Latice.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale