Hightail, exploiting a slight opening at the rail in upper stretch, upset 1-2 favorite Merit Man in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint Nov. 2, giving trainer D. Wayne Lukas his 19th lifetime victory in the Championships.
Although Wesley Ward believes Houyhnhnm Stable's Great Attack has a big chance to win the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint, if the 5-year-old horse gets his picture taken in the winner's circle the trainer will not be in the photo.
Bob Hess Jr. trains 8-5 morning-line favorite for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint.
Stonestreet Stable's homebred prodigy runner Dreaming of Julia will have the opportunity to show her talents at the grade I level when the juvenile filly faces six others in the Oct. 6 Frizette at Belmont Park.
Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) winner Kauai Katie puts her unbeaten streak on the line in the $200,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 30 at Belmont Park, taking the next step toward the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies.
Unbeaten So Many Ways gave trainer Tony Dutrow consecutive wins in the $300,000 Spinaway Stakes when she came from off the pace to defeat 3-5 favorite Teen Pauline going away Sept. 2 at Saratoga Race Course.
A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection