Hightail, exploiting a slight opening at the rail in upper stretch, upset 1-2 favorite Merit Man in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint Nov. 2, giving trainer D. Wayne Lukas his 19th lifetime victory in the Championships.
Although Wesley Ward believes Houyhnhnm Stable's Great Attack has a big chance to win the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint, if the 5-year-old horse gets his picture taken in the winner's circle the trainer will not be in the photo.
Bob Hess Jr. trains 8-5 morning-line favorite for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint.
Stonestreet Stable's homebred prodigy runner Dreaming of Julia will have the opportunity to show her talents at the grade I level when the juvenile filly faces six others in the Oct. 6 Frizette at Belmont Park.
Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) winner Kauai Katie puts her unbeaten streak on the line in the $200,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 30 at Belmont Park, taking the next step toward the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies.
Unbeaten So Many Ways gave trainer Tony Dutrow consecutive wins in the $300,000 Spinaway Stakes when she came from off the pace to defeat 3-5 favorite Teen Pauline going away Sept. 2 at Saratoga Race Course.
A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Stream of Welfare Summit Offered July 8
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile