Hightail, exploiting a slight opening at the rail in upper stretch, upset 1-2 favorite Merit Man in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint Nov. 2, giving trainer D. Wayne Lukas his 19th lifetime victory in the Championships.
Although Wesley Ward believes Houyhnhnm Stable's Great Attack has a big chance to win the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint, if the 5-year-old horse gets his picture taken in the winner's circle the trainer will not be in the photo.
Bob Hess Jr. trains 8-5 morning-line favorite for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint.
Stonestreet Stable's homebred prodigy runner Dreaming of Julia will have the opportunity to show her talents at the grade I level when the juvenile filly faces six others in the Oct. 6 Frizette at Belmont Park.
Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) winner Kauai Katie puts her unbeaten streak on the line in the $200,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 30 at Belmont Park, taking the next step toward the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies.
Unbeaten So Many Ways gave trainer Tony Dutrow consecutive wins in the $300,000 Spinaway Stakes when she came from off the pace to defeat 3-5 favorite Teen Pauline going away Sept. 2 at Saratoga Race Course.
A field of six 2-year-old fillies, including a recent impressive maiden winner and two stakes winners, are set to contest the Aug. 12 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita