Hoping that sweetening the pot will attract more talent, Hollywood officials announced this weekend that the Swaps Stakes purse will be boosted to $600,000 if Preakness-Belmont winner Point Given or Kentucky Derby winner Monarchos decides to run in the race.
Trainer David Hofmans said Monday that Millennium Wind is recovering well from injuries sustained in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and remains pointed toward the $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I).
David and Jill Heerensperger's Millennium Wind, 11th in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), may make his next start in the $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I), according to trainer David Hofmans.
Michael Pegram's 3-year-old colt Captain Steve employed similar racing tactics to those used in his Iowa Derby victory earlier this month to win the $300,000 winner's share of the $500,000 Swaps Stakes (gr. I) Sunday at Hollywood Park. After Tiznow angled out for racing room, the full brother of Budroyale rallied for second place, 2 1/2 lengths behind the winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones