Equine Advocates, a non-profit equine protection organization and sanctuary in Chatham, N.Y., hosted its 12th annual benefit dinner Aug. 1 at the Saratoga Springs City Center in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Knowlton and Tedisco will receive their awards at Equine Advocates' 12th Awards Dinner and Charity Auction Aug. 1 at the Saratoga Springs City Center.
Equine Advocates' Eighth Annual Awards Dinner & Charity Auction, to be held at the Canfield Casino in Sarasota Springs, N.Y. Aug. 6, promises to be a star-studded affair, as actor Burt Reynolds receives the 2009 Safe Home Equine Protection Award.
Equine Advocates will hold its seventh awards dinner and charity auction July 31.
Roy and Gretchen Jackson, owners of 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Barbaro, will receive a Congressional Honor from U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield as a tribute to their late colt at Equine Advocates annual awards dinner and charity auction Aug. 2.
T. Boone Pickens and Madeleine Pickens will receive the Equine Advocates' Safe Home Equine Protection Award for their work to end horse slaughter in the United States.
D.G. Van Clief Jr., commissioner of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and president of Breeders' Cup, will be honored with the Aug. 4 Equine Advocates Safe Home Equine Protection Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes