Eleven-time Arlington International Racecourse training champion Wayne Catalano recorded his 1,000th victory at the Illinois oval July 31 when Royal Alluvial scored a five-length tally in the second race.
Susan Moulton's John Battaglia Memorial winner Solitary Ranger will attempt to become just the second horse to win that prep and the Spiral Stakes when he takes on 3-1 favorite Tamarando March 22 at Turfway Park.
Susan Moulton's Solitary Ranger controlled the pace and romped clear in the stretch to score easily over favored stablemate Poker Player in the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes March 1 at Turfway Park.
Catalano's plan for Solitary Ranger included the Breeders' Cup World Championships long before the talented juvenile runner broke his maiden. read blog
Solitary Ranger returned from a layup to take the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) in solid fashion Sept. 7 at Arlington Park, becoming his sire's first stakes winner in the process.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic