Eleven-time Arlington International Racecourse training champion Wayne Catalano recorded his 1,000th victory at the Illinois oval July 31 when Royal Alluvial scored a five-length tally in the second race.
Susan Moulton's John Battaglia Memorial winner Solitary Ranger will attempt to become just the second horse to win that prep and the Spiral Stakes when he takes on 3-1 favorite Tamarando March 22 at Turfway Park.
Susan Moulton's Solitary Ranger controlled the pace and romped clear in the stretch to score easily over favored stablemate Poker Player in the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes March 1 at Turfway Park.
Catalano's plan for Solitary Ranger included the Breeders' Cup World Championships long before the talented juvenile runner broke his maiden. read blog
Solitary Ranger returned from a layup to take the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) in solid fashion Sept. 7 at Arlington Park, becoming his sire's first stakes winner in the process.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms