Topped by a Quality Road filly sold for $775,000, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training concluded April 22 with a slight decline overall in gross, and record average and median prices.
With Donato Lanni signing the ticket, a Ghostzapper filly was acquired by Susan Chu’s Baoma Corporation for $720,000 at the final session of the Ocala Breeders’ Sales Co.’s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training April 22.
Graded stakes winner Chitu has been retired to stud at Bridlewood Farm in Ocala for a $3,000 fee. The farm reports he will become the first Florida stallion to participate in the "Share the Upside" program.
Tanma Corp.'s speedy Chitu won nearly gate to wire in a $100,000 Damascus Stakes that came up deep in talent Oct. 31 at Santa Anita Park. The field included six graded stakes winners.
Favored Chitu put away stablemate Midnight Hawk in the drive for the wire as trainer Bob Baffert accounted for the first two finishers in the $800,000 Sunland Derby (gr. III) March 23 in New Mexico.
Super Ninety Nine rolled to an 11 1/4-length win in the $300,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 18 for Susan and Charles Chu's Tanma Corporation, muddling the 3-year-old picture even more.
Susan and Charles Chu purchase Super Ninety Nine at the OBS June sale...and come up with a starter for the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Sprint.
A colt by Elusive Quality brought a sale record of $350,000 to top the final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2012 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds and Horses of Racing Age June 20 in Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms