Capt. Candyman Can captured the $75,000 Super Stakes Feb. 5 after a 15 month layoff when he outdueled Legal Move at Tampa Bay Downs.
Musket Man made a successful return in his first start since back-to-back third-place finishes in the first two legs of last year's Triple Crown, winning the Super Stakes by a half-length at Tampa Bay Downs Feb. 6.
Musket Man, winner of the 2009 Tampa Bay Derby and Illinois Derby, and third place finisher in both the Kentucky Derby and Preakness, will make his first start of the season in the $75,000 Super Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs
Tracy Farmer's homebred millionaire Sir Shackleton, who came into the $50,000 Super Stakes fresh off of a layoff and a series of good works at Palm Meadows, left the Oldsmar oval the holder of the seven furlong track record at Tampa Bay Downs with an additional $30,000 in earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago