Kinsale King, smartly ridden by Garrett Gomez, reclaimed the $2 million Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) for America when he held off the fast-closing favorite Rocket Man at Meydan March 27.
Gayego, who was purchased by Sheikh Mohammed's Godolphin Stables at the beginning of the year, looks to be on track for his highly anticipated run in the $2 million Dubai Golden Shaheen Sponsored by Gulf News (UAE-I)
Kinsale King made it back-to-back graded stakes victories for new trainer Carl O'Callaghan when he held off Ventana by a half-length in the Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) at Santa Anita. Odds-on Dancing in Silks was third.
Trainer Carl O'Callaghan earned his first stakes win when front-running Kinsale King courageously held off the veteran sprinter Delta Storm by a neck in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Dec. 6.
Dear Lady Ann, a daughter of Salt Lake, brought $37,000 to top the Northern California yearling sale at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds in Santa Rosa Aug. 26. Super Horse purchased the chestnut yearling from Jack and Barb Hatch's Green Acre Stables, agent for Lercari Thoroughbreds.
Villa Margurite, an unraced full sister to multiple stakes winner Hugh Hefner, sold for $120,000, the highest price of the Barretts January mixed sale, held Jan. 22-23 at Fairplex Park in Pomona. Offered third from the end of the second session Jan. 23, the 5-year-old daughter of Bertrando was the only six-figure price over the two days.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate