Grade II winner Big Band Sound has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 season at Gulf Coast Equine in Sunset, La. He will stand his first season at Ray and Anna Paul's Gulf Coast Equine for $2,500.
Trainer Kristin Mulhall, who posted a surprise victory with Puerto Banus in the Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) last year, can spring another upset with Gulchie in the $150,000 Hollywood Park closing day turf test at 1 1/2 miles Sunday.
Argentine star Freddy will probably make his United States debut in the $150,000 Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) on closing day July 18 at Hollywood Park, trainer Donald Burke II said Sunday after the 5-year-old horse worked on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Top Three Derby Finishers Stretch Legs Monday
- Anti-Slaughter Bill Introduced in Congress
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- GI Winners Untapable, Lea Work in Kentucky
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- 'Sea Hero' Symposium Set for May 30
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Keeneland Asks to Move Simulcasts to Red Mile
- Chinese Buyer Lands Top Two Mares at Inglis