Grade II winner Big Band Sound has been retired from racing and will stand the 2014 season at Gulf Coast Equine in Sunset, La. He will stand his first season at Ray and Anna Paul's Gulf Coast Equine for $2,500.
Trainer Kristin Mulhall, who posted a surprise victory with Puerto Banus in the Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) last year, can spring another upset with Gulchie in the $150,000 Hollywood Park closing day turf test at 1 1/2 miles Sunday.
Argentine star Freddy will probably make his United States debut in the $150,000 Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) on closing day July 18 at Hollywood Park, trainer Donald Burke II said Sunday after the 5-year-old horse worked on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27