Charlie Appleby is scheduled to meet with the British Horseracing Authority's Licensing Committee July 10 in pursuit of his trainer's certificate. Godolphin has pegged him to take over training at its Moulton Paddocks.
The British trainer has been formerly charged by the British Horseracing Authority for using steroids illegally. The date of the hearing has not been set.
Newmarket-based trainer Gerard Butler will soon be charged by the British Horseracing Authority over his use of the drug Sungate, which contains the banned anabolic steroid stanozolol.
Gerard Butler said more than 100 horses at Newmarket have been treated with the product Sungate, at the recommendation of veterinarians.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Fair Grounds, Horsemen Rise to Challenge