Chilean filly Amani will take on males in the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar, trainer Neil Drysdale confirmed Aug. 18.
Chilean-bred Isola Piu Bella notched her second North American graded stakes victory this year when she drew off for a two-length win in Saturday's $250,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne.
Chilean-bred Isola Piu Bella never let 7-10 favorite Daydreaming out of her sight, pulling away in the stretch for her first North American victory in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Newfoundland, a multiple graded stakes winner and grade I-placed, has been retired to Fred Seitz' Brookdale Farm near Versailles, Ky., and will stand for $15,000 live foal.
Wild Spirit, a Horse of the Year in Chile and a U.S. grade I winner, has been retired from racing.
Trainer Todd Pletcher and jockey John Velazquez combined for their fourth win on Saturday's Gulfstream Park card when Sumaya Us Stables' Newfoundland won the $100,000 Skip Away Handicap (gr. III).
Trainer Bobby Frankel didn't have his big gun for Saturday's $300,000 Ruffian Handicap (gr. I), but his replacements in the race, Wild Spirit and You proved more than capable back-ups, posting a one-two finish.
Wild Spirit, ridden by Jerry Bailey, romped to a six-length triumph in Sunday's $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Delaware Park.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita