Purim, who scored his big win in the Shadwell Turf Mile Stakes (gr. IT) in October at Keeneland, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Nathan Fox's Richland Hills near Midway, Ky.
If the relaxed confidence of trainer Tom Proctor could be passed on to his Netjets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) candidate Purim, then the 5-year-old will have a major advantage over his rivals come the $2 million race at Monmouth Park Oct. 27.
Graded stakes winners Purim and Storm Surge will stand in 2008 at Nathan Fox' Richland Hills near Midway. Ky.
Edward Joseph Sukley's homebred Purim, unbeaten in three starts, will face seven 3-year-olds in Saturday's American Derby (gr. IIT) at Arlington Park. The American Derby goes as the fifth race and is the first of three graded stakes on the program with an approximate post of 2:56 p.m. CDT.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin