California Horse Racing Board investigators looking into the cause of multiple cases of sudden death in racehorses over the past two years have concluded that no foul play was involved.
A better presentation would be helpful, as would better information. read blog
Trainer Bob Baffet said his team is working with the state of California to find the causes behind sudden deaths in his barn.
Sudden deaths in California from cardiac failure rose from six in fiscal year 2011 to 11 over the same period in 2012. Seven of the horses were in Bob Baffert's barn; a cause has not been determined.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse