Fox Hills Farms' Joyful Victory, runaway winner of Oaklawn Park's Honeybee (gr. III) and Fantasy (gr. II) in her past two starts, tops a stellar cast of 13 3-year-old fillies entered in the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
A visual look at the fillies in the 2011 Kentucky Oaks. View Slideshow
Who will win this year's Kentucky Oaks? Will it be a Joyful Victory? Is it time for a Summer Soiree? Are you expecting a Street Storm? Or will the results be Plum Pretty? Predict the Order
Robert and Lawana Low's Fantasy (gr. II) runner-up Arienza worked five furlongs in :59 4/5 over a fast track April 29, but her trainer said she is still up in the air for the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
With the addition of Suave Voir Faire and Royal Delta to the list of prospective starters in the 137 running of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), there are 16 fillies listed as "likely" or "possible."
Kathmanblu, a close third in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) earlier this month, proved her versatility by defeating six rivals on the main track in the $163,800 Golden Rod (gr. II) Nov. 27 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training