Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey expressed his pleasure with the way his Super Saturday-bound Point of Entry and Hymn Book worked on the morning of Sept. 23 at Belmont Park.
Banned, who has prospered after being switched to grass racing after just one start on the main track, heads a field of 12 in the 14th running of the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) Saturday, July 16.
The Board of Trustees of Blood-Horse Publications announced Aug. 26 that Stacy V. Bearse will retire as president and CEO of the company, effective Nov. 1, 2010, after two decades of service.
Stuart S. Janney III has been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by G. Watts Humphrey Jr. at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory
- RMTC: Uniform Drug Program Has Momentum
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives