In its first industry conference Oct. 18 in Lexington, the Kentucky Equine Education Project celebrated important progress the group helped make a reality while continuing to emphasize the importance of all breeds working together.
With the continued urbanization of the U.S., speakers at the Kentucky Equine Education Project conference Oct. 18 in Lexington said it's more important than ever for industry participants to reach out to the general public.
The Jockey Club Sept. 6 announced the election of four new members: Dr. Stuart Brown, Walker Hancock, Carlos Heller, and R. Alex Rankin.
Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin announced April 27 that former commissioner Frank Kling will return to chair a re-vamped Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
Horsewoman Christine Brown, the wife of Hagyard Equine Medical Institute veterinarian Dr. Stuart Brown, died in a riding accident at her home near Versailles, Ky. on July 10. She was 43.
The Lexington, Ky., veterinary firm Hagyard Equine Medical Institute has made a $10,000 donation to Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation to further research on racehorse lameness issues, the foundation announced Jan. 7.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club will host a meeting on Nov. 3 at the Embassy Suites on Newtown Pike to discuss Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome (MRLS) in 2003.
It appears the number of incidents and symptoms of mare reproductive loss syndrome in Central Kentucky are slowing, but there is still no definitive way to arrive at that conclusion.
The cause or causes of mare reproductive loss syndrome are still a mystery, but that hasn't lessened interest in the topic. During an informational session Monday, new questions were raised about circumstances surrounding the outbreak during last year's breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes