Thirteen American-trained horses were announced as likely starters in six races on the $26 million Dubai World Cup card to be held March 26 at Meydan Racecourse.
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. is hoping to send I Want Revenge and Stradivinsky to Dubai for next month's World Cup night.
It may not have been an artistic success, but Stradivinsky triumphed as the 11-10 favorite in the $58,800 Gulfstream Park Turf Sprint Jan. 23 in south Florida.
Selections for the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup races, including the Classic. Read Blog
With the Breeders' Cup entries now drawn, here a few longshots to look at. Read Blog
Jamie Theriot scores Labor Day double with Thiskyhasnolimit in the Smarty Jones Stakes and Chamberlain Bridge in the Monster Turf Handicap.
Stradivinsky took advantage of the favorite being knocked out of contention early in the race, as the 7-year-old gelding scored his first graded stakes win in the $200,000 Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 17 at Belmont Park.
Edith Dixon's Smart Enough, ridden by Patrick Husbands, blazed his way to a half-length tally in the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) on Queen's Plate Sunday at Woodbine.
Live Oak Plantation's homebred Stradivinsky will take on seven sprint rivals, including three shippers, in the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) Sunday on the turf at Woodbine.
Stradivinsky, under Emma-Jayne Wilson, dominated some of Canada's top sprinters in Woodbine's first stakes event of the year, Saturday's $125,000 Jacques Cartier Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Looking for Longshots at Saratoga
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks winner Enable Steps Up in King George
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II