Thirteen American-trained horses were announced as likely starters in six races on the $26 million Dubai World Cup card to be held March 26 at Meydan Racecourse.
Trainer Rick Dutrow Jr. is hoping to send I Want Revenge and Stradivinsky to Dubai for next month's World Cup night.
It may not have been an artistic success, but Stradivinsky triumphed as the 11-10 favorite in the $58,800 Gulfstream Park Turf Sprint Jan. 23 in south Florida.
Selections for the Nov. 6 Breeders' Cup races, including the Classic. Read Blog
With the Breeders' Cup entries now drawn, here a few longshots to look at. Read Blog
Jamie Theriot scores Labor Day double with Thiskyhasnolimit in the Smarty Jones Stakes and Chamberlain Bridge in the Monster Turf Handicap.
Stradivinsky took advantage of the favorite being knocked out of contention early in the race, as the 7-year-old gelding scored his first graded stakes win in the $200,000 Jaipur Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 17 at Belmont Park.
Edith Dixon's Smart Enough, ridden by Patrick Husbands, blazed his way to a half-length tally in the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) on Queen's Plate Sunday at Woodbine.
Live Oak Plantation's homebred Stradivinsky will take on seven sprint rivals, including three shippers, in the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) Sunday on the turf at Woodbine.
Stradivinsky, under Emma-Jayne Wilson, dominated some of Canada's top sprinters in Woodbine's first stakes event of the year, Saturday's $125,000 Jacques Cartier Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online