Trainer Dominic Galluscio, who saddled more than 1,000 winners during a 34-year career on the New York Racing Association (NYRA) circuit, died late Monday night from pancreatic cancer. He was 55.
Trainer Dominic Galluscio posted career victory No. 1,000 Feb. 17 when Discreet Force debuted a neck winner in the seventh race at Aqueduct Racetrack.
This year's Met Mile features a deep field of 11. Can you predict the order of finish from first to last? Predict the Order
Sent off at 19-1 in a six-horse field, More Than a Reason came from off the pace and ran down Stormy's Majesty in the final strides to win the $100,000 Queens County (gr. III) Dec. 11 and notch his first stakes victory.
Veteran millionaire Arson Squad, a two-time grade III winner this season, and 3-year-old Stormy's Majesty, who scored the Discovery Handicap last out, are the standouts among a field of six in the Queens County H.
New York-bred Stormy's Majesty took over on the far turn and never looked back, scoring by two lengths for his first graded-stakes victory in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Prince of Wales Stakes winner Golden Moka, who had his unbeaten streak snapped last time out, will try to rebound in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Eleven state-bred Thoroughbreds will vie for the title of "Best of New York" Oct. 23 when they assemble for the $200,000 Empire Classic, the centerpiece of New York Showcase Day at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- A. P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief