Trainer Dominic Galluscio, who saddled more than 1,000 winners during a 34-year career on the New York Racing Association (NYRA) circuit, died late Monday night from pancreatic cancer. He was 55.
Trainer Dominic Galluscio posted career victory No. 1,000 Feb. 17 when Discreet Force debuted a neck winner in the seventh race at Aqueduct Racetrack.
This year's Met Mile features a deep field of 11. Can you predict the order of finish from first to last? Predict the Order
Sent off at 19-1 in a six-horse field, More Than a Reason came from off the pace and ran down Stormy's Majesty in the final strides to win the $100,000 Queens County (gr. III) Dec. 11 and notch his first stakes victory.
Veteran millionaire Arson Squad, a two-time grade III winner this season, and 3-year-old Stormy's Majesty, who scored the Discovery Handicap last out, are the standouts among a field of six in the Queens County H.
New York-bred Stormy's Majesty took over on the far turn and never looked back, scoring by two lengths for his first graded-stakes victory in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Prince of Wales Stakes winner Golden Moka, who had his unbeaten streak snapped last time out, will try to rebound in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Eleven state-bred Thoroughbreds will vie for the title of "Best of New York" Oct. 23 when they assemble for the $200,000 Empire Classic, the centerpiece of New York Showcase Day at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short