Hansen, last year's champion 2-year-old male and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner, has been retired from racing due to a tendon injury.
Dr. Kendall Hansen and Skychai Racing's Hansen returned from a layoff in a big way with a dominant victory in the $245,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 30 at Prairie Meadows.
If horses celebrated Mother's Day, 3-year-old Hansen probably wouldn't ever give his winning dam, Stormy Sunday, a present.
The champion son of Tapit relaxed in the early going before using his brilliant speed en route to a convincing three-length victory in the $400,000 Gotham (gr. III) March 3 at Aqueduct.
Hansen, a local horse coming off of pair of dominating wins at Turfway Park, desperately held off heavy favorite Union Rags to win a thriller in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 5 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Turf Mile Saturday
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out