Hansen, last year's champion 2-year-old male and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner, has been retired from racing due to a tendon injury.
Dr. Kendall Hansen and Skychai Racing's Hansen returned from a layoff in a big way with a dominant victory in the $245,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 30 at Prairie Meadows.
If horses celebrated Mother's Day, 3-year-old Hansen probably wouldn't ever give his winning dam, Stormy Sunday, a present.
The champion son of Tapit relaxed in the early going before using his brilliant speed en route to a convincing three-length victory in the $400,000 Gotham (gr. III) March 3 at Aqueduct.
Hansen, a local horse coming off of pair of dominating wins at Turfway Park, desperately held off heavy favorite Union Rags to win a thriller in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 5 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby