Hansen, last year's champion 2-year-old male and Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner, has been retired from racing due to a tendon injury.
Dr. Kendall Hansen and Skychai Racing's Hansen returned from a layoff in a big way with a dominant victory in the $245,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) June 30 at Prairie Meadows.
If horses celebrated Mother's Day, 3-year-old Hansen probably wouldn't ever give his winning dam, Stormy Sunday, a present.
The champion son of Tapit relaxed in the early going before using his brilliant speed en route to a convincing three-length victory in the $400,000 Gotham (gr. III) March 3 at Aqueduct.
Hansen, a local horse coming off of pair of dominating wins at Turfway Park, desperately held off heavy favorite Union Rags to win a thriller in the $2 million Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) Nov. 5 at Churchill.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- One for the Roses: Social Inclusion
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/17/2014
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby