Severe weather moving across Kentucky the afternoon of March 2 prompted Turfway Park to cancel live racing and simulcasting and for Churchill Downs and Keeneland to halt simulcasting operations.
Strong Santa Ana winds of up to 100 miles per hour blew through Southern California early Dec. 1, uprooting trees and damaging some barns at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia.
Turfway Park, currently closed for live racing but home to about 700 horses in training, sustained storm damaged the evening of May 25 but no humans or horses were injured.
In anticipation of bad weather expected to hit New York on Friday, Aqueduct has already made the decision to close the track for live racing and simulcasting.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win