Todd Pletcher, who has won the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) three times, will have a 50-50 chance at winning another when he sends out four of the eight starters in the Sept. 5 race for juvenile fillies.
Le Mi Geaux came from off the pace under Freddie Lenclud to pull a 9-1 upset in the $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III), the first graded stakes of the Saratoga meet. She is the first stakes winner for her sire First Samurai.
Saratoga will kick off its 142nd meet with a stellar opening day card, highlighted by the $100,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies and the $75,000 James Marvin Stakes that drew a field of 10
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate