Todd Pletcher, who has won the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) three times, will have a 50-50 chance at winning another when he sends out four of the eight starters in the Sept. 5 race for juvenile fillies.
Le Mi Geaux came from off the pace under Freddie Lenclud to pull a 9-1 upset in the $100,000 Schuylerville (gr. III), the first graded stakes of the Saratoga meet. She is the first stakes winner for her sire First Samurai.
Saratoga will kick off its 142nd meet with a stellar opening day card, highlighted by the $100,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies and the $75,000 James Marvin Stakes that drew a field of 10
Most Popular Stories
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin