Jerre Paxton, whose Northwest Farms has been a constant and major force in Washington racing and breeding, died of an apparent heart attack the evening of Jan. 25 in Seattle. He was 76.
Top Kisser proved she can handle the heat when she came from off the pace to win the $100,000 L.A. Woman Stakes (gr. III) as undefeated Emerald Downs shipper Stopshoppingdebbie fizzled when favored at Santa Anita Oct. 4.
Stopshoppingdebbie has won her first nine races, all at Emerald Downs, and seeks to hit the big time when she tackles five foes at Santa Anita in the L.A. Woman Stakes (gr. III), her first graded test.
Stopshoppingdebbie, Northwest Farm's undefeated homebred daughter of Curlin, will make her first start outside Washington state when she goes postward in the LA Woman Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park on Oct. 4.
Saratoga, Wise Dan, Del Mar, Monmouth Park, Hastings, Woodbine, Europe & More! view slideshow
Northwest Farms' Stopshoppingdebbie remained undefeated in nine career starts after prevailing by a half-length over stablemate Goin to the Window Aug. 24 in the $65,000 Emerald Distaff at Emerald Downs.
Jim and Mona Hour's Stryker Phd, a 5-year-old Washington-bred gelding by Bertrando, is the 121-pound highweight and 5-2 morning-line favorite for the Aug. 24 Longacres Mile (gr. III)at Emerald Downs.
by John P. Sparkman
Curlin has not made the fastest start at stud with his first crop of 3-year-olds, but the victory of Palace Malice in the 145th Belmont Stakes June 8 gave him a first-crop classic winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake