Cross Traffic, winner of the 2013 Whitney Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course, has retired and will stand the 2015 breeding season at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm in Lexington, KY.
A selection of Keeneland September yearlings with noteworthy pedigrees set to sell on Sept. 9 at the auction's second session
Here is a closer look at yearlings in the first book of the Keeneland September sale that are out of grade I-winning mares who already have produced at least one stakes winner.
Hip No. 134 got the best possible update the weekend before the Saratoga select yearling sale, a grade I victory in the family courtesy of Aug. 3 Whitney Invitational Handicap (gr. I) winner Cross Traffic.
GoldMark Farm's Cross Traffic sprung a wire-to-wire win in the $750,000 Whitney Invitational Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 3, kicking away by three-quarters of a length as 2012 victor Fort Larned finished fifth.
Rolly Polly, who last year became the first 3-year-old to win Hollywood Park's Safely Kept Handicap, on Sunday attempts to become the first repeater in the eight-year history of the $70,000 turf sprint for fillies and mares at 5 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- RTCA Seeking Nominees for White Horse Award
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic