Stanford is back for a repeat bid in the $1.25 million Charles Town Classic (G2).
A filly by Tapit -- Silver Wolf sells to agents Alex Solis II and Jason Litt for a record $1.9 million April 22 at the OBS Spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Undefeated champion My Miss Aurelia, among the favorites for the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I), breezed a half-mile in :48 at Santa Anita Oct. 28 in preparation for her Nov. 2 World Championships race.
A strapping gray or roan colt by Tapit was bought for $700,000 by Stonestreet Thoroughbreds to top the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 11.
Led by the $122,000 given for a half-sister to grade II winner Dream Rush, the Sept. 24 session of the 2007 Keeneland September yearling sale again produced lofty percentage increases over the corresponding 2006 session.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out