Book Three of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale opened with significant improvement in all key indices over 2010 figures, with the gross rising 24%.
Winless since August, 2009 and dismissed at 15-1 against an accomplished field, Kensei sprung a big upset in the $200,000 Salvator Mile (gr. III) when he came from off the pace under Edgar Prado to win July 2 at Monmouth Park
Beaten in the final jump during his stakes debut in his last start, Dominus was not to be caught this time, as he took the field wire-to-wire to win the $150,000 Dwyer (gr. II) July 2 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Our Channel Makes Trek for American Derby
- Tattersalls Opens with Healthy Rise in Median