Pearl Bloodstock's unbeaten Karpino overwhelmed nine overmatched rivals May 25 at Cologne in capturing the Mehl-Mulhens-Rennen (Ger-II, German Two Thousand Guineas) and stamped his ticket to the German Derby (Ger-I).
Favored Sanagas joined the ranks of grade I winners with a dominating triumph for trainer Graham Motion in the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup at Hollywood Park Nov. 19.
Andreas Jacobs' German-bred Sanagas took over at the top of the lane and held off Tahoe Lake to win the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes Oct. 20 at rainy Keeneland.
German-bred filly La Luna de Miel, making just her second start in the United States, collared Giants Play at the sixteenth pole and held on to win the $150,000 Orchid Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park grass March 20.
Sabiango was a runaway winner of Sunday's WestLB-Deutschland-Preis (Ger-I) at Dusseldorf.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road