Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s record-setting juvenile sales season continued at the opening session of the June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age June 16 in Ocala, Fla.
Auction aims to attract top-end buyers as well as a strong middle-market buying base.
Six juveniles worked a furlong in under 10 seconds, each going :9 4/5. The final under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales March sale begins 8 a.m. March 13.
A son of Giant's Causeway who breezed a furlong in :09 4/5 topped the Barretts March 2-year-old sale at $1,150,000. He and three others sold for more than $500,000 to push up the average by 23.9% to $177,750 for the sale
Moving the under-tack preview forward a day to dodge wet weather paid off for the Barretts Sales & Racing March 2-year-old select sale. A nice crowd of prospective buyers was on hand Feb. 27 to witness 104 horses breeze.
Move aside college hoops. The Thoroughbred industry has experienced its own run of March Madness this month with the 2-year-olds in training sales thriving in a booming juvenile market.
In keeping with most other sales this year of 2-year-olds in training, the Ocala Breeders' Sale Co. ended its two day June sale June 17 with decreases in all major indices.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport