The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. closed out the two-day run of its March select juvenile auction with a bang as an El Prado colt named El Kingdom brought the sale's most expensive price of $450,000 March 18.
Saying he had found the equine equivalent of Cleveland Cavaliers basketball star LeBron James, trainer Eddie Plesa paid $450,000 for an El Prado colt March 18 during the second and final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. March select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Central Florida. As of early afternoon, the price was the highest of the auction, topping the $425,000 Indian CharlieÃ¢â‚¬"Hollywood and Wine filly that sold March 17
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic preferred sale of 2-year-olds in training soared to new heights, recording the highest gross revenue and average price in its history during a two-day run that ended Tuesday in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment