Cairo Prince, the early spring favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I), has been retired and will stand in 2015 at Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky. under a partnership deal with Darley.
Darley has purchased a majority interest in current Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite Cairo Prince. The son of Pioneerof the Nile will race in the blue silks of Godolphin Racing.
Despite being in Baltimore, the man who recommended selling I'll Have Another won't be at Pimlico Race Course to watch the colt try to win the second jewel of the Triple Crown.
The gross rises 28.2% while the average grows 29.4%. The median soars 33.3%.
- By Pete Spanos
Central Kentucky veterinarian and equine technology consultant David Lambert has filed a breach of contract suit for unspecified monetary damages and attorney's fees against horse owner Kenneth Ramsey and his Ramsey Farm near Nicholasville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- A New Brand of Hero
- Big Move Forward on Concussion Protocol
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus