Cairo Prince, the early spring favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I), has been retired and will stand in 2015 at Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky. under a partnership deal with Darley.
Darley has purchased a majority interest in current Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite Cairo Prince. The son of Pioneerof the Nile will race in the blue silks of Godolphin Racing.
Despite being in Baltimore, the man who recommended selling I'll Have Another won't be at Pimlico Race Course to watch the colt try to win the second jewel of the Triple Crown.
The gross rises 28.2% while the average grows 29.4%. The median soars 33.3%.
- By Pete Spanos
Central Kentucky veterinarian and equine technology consultant David Lambert has filed a breach of contract suit for unspecified monetary damages and attorney's fees against horse owner Kenneth Ramsey and his Ramsey Farm near Nicholasville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic