Cairo Prince, the early spring favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I), has been retired and will stand in 2015 at Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky. under a partnership deal with Darley.
Darley has purchased a majority interest in current Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) favorite Cairo Prince. The son of Pioneerof the Nile will race in the blue silks of Godolphin Racing.
Despite being in Baltimore, the man who recommended selling I'll Have Another won't be at Pimlico Race Course to watch the colt try to win the second jewel of the Triple Crown.
The gross rises 28.2% while the average grows 29.4%. The median soars 33.3%.
- By Pete Spanos
Central Kentucky veterinarian and equine technology consultant David Lambert has filed a breach of contract suit for unspecified monetary damages and attorney's fees against horse owner Kenneth Ramsey and his Ramsey Farm near Nicholasville, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam