Blocked by a wall of five horses exiting the final turn, Steve Moger's Stormy Lucy found space to the outside and just got up to catch Recepta at the wire to win the $300,000 Matriarch Stakes (gr. IT) Nov. 29 at Del Mar.
Favored Stormy Lucy made her new connections look good when she came from off the pace to catch Miss Serendipity in the final strides to win the Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck April 13 on the turf at Santa Anita.
Stormy Lucy, winner of the March 16 Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita, has been sold privately to Steve Moger and has been moved to the barn of Moger's brother, Ed.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate