Stuart Slagle, currently racing secretary at Hastings Racecourse, has been named new Thoroughbred racing secretary at Woodbine, effective Nov. 10.
Woodbine's 133-day Thoroughbred meet will feature 102 stakes races worth nearly $20 million in purses.
Steve Lym, director of Thoroughbred racing and racing secretary at Woodbine, will have his role expanded to include operational responsibilities for the Woodbine backstretch.
A 167-day meet at Woodbine in Ontario, Canada, is set to begin April 6, but the lingering slots-at-racetracks issue could make the 2012 meet the last one of its kind.
A 102-race, $23 million stakes calendar, will highlight Woodbine's 167-day Thoroughbred meet in 2012.
Woodbine Racecourse has released a 2011 schedule consisting of 102 stakes offering nearly $22 million in purses, including cuts to two of its major races.
Woodbine Entertainment Group announced March 12 personnel changes in its Thoroughbred racing operations.
The Jockey Club of Canada announced Feb. 7 the 2006 edition of the Canadian Thoroughbred Ratings.
Woodbine Entertainment Group has announced that Steve Lym has been appointed the company's Thoroughbred racing secretary.
Steve Lym, a former trainer and Woodbine's chief clocker, has been appointed racing secretary for Woodbine Entertainment.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Fasig-Tipton to Sponsor Two KY Downs Stakes
- Ironicus Has New Challenge in Bernard Baruch
- Handle Flat, Race Days Down in August
- Five Sires Have Two Challenge Race Winners
- Renamed First Winner for Everyday Heroes
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters