In July the Stronach Group purchased 100% of RaceTech, the historical racing company that had been controlled by Oaklawn Park owner the Cella family.
EquiLottery and AmTote announced a newly formed strategic relationship Dec. 18 that will make AmTote the preferred tote provider for EquiLottery.
The New York Racing Association will employ a new system and betting terminals from AmTote International across a suite of platforms throughout its racetracks beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3.
Some bettors across the country nearly got shut out of the May 1 Kentucky Derby when AmTote International's multi-jurisdictional wagering hub in Portland, Ore., locked up twice within 50 minutes of the Derby's post time.
AmTote Canada will continue to be the tote services provider for Attractions Hippiques Quebec, it was announced Aug. 29.
- By Ryan Conley
With executives from the three largest North American tote companies sitting before them, some attendees in a panel discussion at the 33rd Racing & Gaming Symposium Dec. 6 wondered why the trio of bet-processors couldn't work together better for the convenience of the consumer.
Magna Entertainment Corp. completed a $17.4 million acquisition of AmTote International on Thursday, adding a major provider of totalizator services to its portfolio of horse racing entities.
Magna Entertainment Corp. announced July 26 that it has exercised its first purchase option to acquire an additional 30% equity interest in AmTote International, Inc. and has sent written notice of its intention to exercise its second purchase option to acquire the remaining 40% equity interest in the wagering technology company.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win