Andrew Beyer and Steven Crist will each receive the Eclipse Award of Merit for a lifetime of outstanding achievement in Thoroughbred racing. This marks the fifth time that multiple Eclipse Awards of Merit have been presented in the same year.
Charles Hatton, Bill Nack, Steve Crist, and Walter "Red" Smith are the inaugural selections to the National Museum of Racing's Joe Hirsch Media Roll of Honor.
Though there are differences of opinion on what should be done next in the area of medication reform, everyone seems to agree there is a continuing problem and something should be done.
There were so many good stories being told, and re-told, in memory of Joe Hirsch June 5 at Belmont Park, it is hard to know which one Joe would have liked most. Well, Hirsch always saw the positive in everything, so he would have liked all the stories, equally.
Racing medications and the future of the New York Racing Association were among the topics discussed Aug. 5 at the eighth Institute on Racing and Gaming Law in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- By Esther Marr
The individuals associated with undefeated Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Barbaro and veteran racing journalist Steven Crist were among those honored at the 47th annual National Turf Writers Association Dinner Nov. 1 at The Olmstead in Louisville.
- By Victor Ryan
Alpine Capital Bank, which purchased Daily Racing Form for $40 million in 1999, may be close to selling the 110-year-old daily to The Wicks Group for a reported $60 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment