First-crop sire War Cry was represented by his first winner Oct. 7 at Woodbine when homebred filly Jean's a Lady won a $50,000 maiden special weight by a neck for trainer Steve Attard and owners John Curtis and Gino Panza.
Saskawea, a two-time stakes winner on the Woodbine turf, faces four older fillies and mares in the $150,000 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) Aug. 1 in Toronto.
Robert Landry, who began his riding career in 1981, recorded his 2,000th win on Canada Day July 1 at Woodbine.
Jockey Todd Kabel equaled a 38-year-old record with his 36th stakes victory of the season by guiding 2-year-old Enough Is Enough home first in the $134,875 Kingarvie Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday, the final card of the 167-day long meet.
Todd Kabel, enjoying one of the finest seasons ever by a jockey in Ontario, equaled a 38-year-old Woodbine record of 32 added-money victories in a season set by the late Avelino Gomez.
It's been a season of narrow losses for the hard-knocking Dillinger, who'll face five rivals in Saturday's $136,625 Sir Barton Stakes at 1 1/6 mile for colts and geldings.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica