First-crop sire War Cry was represented by his first winner Oct. 7 at Woodbine when homebred filly Jean's a Lady won a $50,000 maiden special weight by a neck for trainer Steve Attard and owners John Curtis and Gino Panza.
Saskawea, a two-time stakes winner on the Woodbine turf, faces four older fillies and mares in the $150,000 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) Aug. 1 in Toronto.
Robert Landry, who began his riding career in 1981, recorded his 2,000th win on Canada Day July 1 at Woodbine.
Jockey Todd Kabel equaled a 38-year-old record with his 36th stakes victory of the season by guiding 2-year-old Enough Is Enough home first in the $134,875 Kingarvie Stakes at Woodbine on Sunday, the final card of the 167-day long meet.
Todd Kabel, enjoying one of the finest seasons ever by a jockey in Ontario, equaled a 38-year-old Woodbine record of 32 added-money victories in a season set by the late Avelino Gomez.
It's been a season of narrow losses for the hard-knocking Dillinger, who'll face five rivals in Saturday's $136,625 Sir Barton Stakes at 1 1/6 mile for colts and geldings.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame