California's State Capitol went all Chrome on Thursday, Aug. 14 as proud legislators paid tribute to the state's Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner.
Trainer Art Sherman and co-owners Steve and Carolyn Coburn arrived at Belmont Park June 2 to check on their Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner, California Chrome.
Favored California Chome proved he belongs on the Triple Crown trail with a front-running stampede to victory in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 8 at gleaming Santa Anita Park.
Art Sherman still has a soft spot for a horse with personality, another reason he loves California Chrome. "I like a people's horse, and that's what he is--he likes people," the trainer said.
Most Popular Stories
- One Lucky Dane Off Derby Trail After Workout
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- KY Oaks Contenders Birdatthewire, Puca Breeze
- Dortmund Records Bullet Work at Santa Anita
- La Verdad Repeats Score in Distaff 'Cap
- Dissident Retires in Style With All Aged Win
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- Firing Line Drills in Company at Santa Anita
- Pint-Sized Pasadena Girl Uncorks Champagne
- Two Equal Fastest Furlong Time at OBS Show