California's State Capitol went all Chrome on Thursday, Aug. 14 as proud legislators paid tribute to the state's Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner.
Trainer Art Sherman and co-owners Steve and Carolyn Coburn arrived at Belmont Park June 2 to check on their Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner, California Chrome.
Favored California Chome proved he belongs on the Triple Crown trail with a front-running stampede to victory in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 8 at gleaming Santa Anita Park.
Art Sherman still has a soft spot for a horse with personality, another reason he loves California Chrome. "I like a people's horse, and that's what he is--he likes people," the trainer said.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91