California's State Capitol went all Chrome on Thursday, Aug. 14 as proud legislators paid tribute to the state's Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner.
Trainer Art Sherman and co-owners Steve and Carolyn Coburn arrived at Belmont Park June 2 to check on their Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner, California Chrome.
Favored California Chome proved he belongs on the Triple Crown trail with a front-running stampede to victory in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 8 at gleaming Santa Anita Park.
Art Sherman still has a soft spot for a horse with personality, another reason he loves California Chrome. "I like a people's horse, and that's what he is--he likes people," the trainer said.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?