In an effort to tell a more comprehensive history of Thoroughbred racing in North America, the National Museum of Racing will be expanding its Hall of Fame with a new category, Pillars of the Turf, beginning in 2013.
Stella Thayer and Peter Willmott have been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the expired positions of Dell Hancock and D.G. Van Clief Jr., both of whom served four-year terms.
A $1 million challenge pledge from the William Stamps Farish Fund has initiated an endowment drive by the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
The National Museum of Racing has authorized changes in the Hall of Fame voting procedures that will go into effect in 2007.
Joseph E. Aulisi has been named the acting director of the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame, museum president Stella F. Thayer announced Oct. 12.
The Jockey Club today announced the election of seven new members: William Backer, Robert McNair, Nick Nicholson, Mace Siegel, Stella Thayer, Frank "Scoop" Vessels III, and William T. Young, Jr.
By Mike Henry-- The desires of Tampa Bay bettors and a majority of horsemen are being undermined by the actions of a few local horsemen and those from other states.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty