With the Triple Crown behind him, trainer Doug O'Neill seems more determined than ever to fight a 45-day suspension for an elevated level of total carbon dioxide in a horse he raced at Del Mar in 2010.
As expected, attorneys for California trainer Jeff Mullins have filed legal papers seeking a stay of action by the California Horse Racing Board imposing a 70-day suspension, beginning June 1.
Ordered last month to begin a 70-day suspension June 1 for a medication probation violation dating back to a 2006 case, trainer Jeff Mullins says he'll fight the California Horse Racing Board all the way.
The California Horse Racing Board has suspended Jeff Mullins for 30 days effective May 9 and also fined the trainer $2,500 for a TCO2 violation that occurred in 2008.
Four-time Eclipse Award-winning trainer Todd Pletcher has been ordered to serve a 10-day suspension and pay a $25,000 fine by the California Horse Racing Board.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale