With the Triple Crown behind him, trainer Doug O'Neill seems more determined than ever to fight a 45-day suspension for an elevated level of total carbon dioxide in a horse he raced at Del Mar in 2010.
As expected, attorneys for California trainer Jeff Mullins have filed legal papers seeking a stay of action by the California Horse Racing Board imposing a 70-day suspension, beginning June 1.
Ordered last month to begin a 70-day suspension June 1 for a medication probation violation dating back to a 2006 case, trainer Jeff Mullins says he'll fight the California Horse Racing Board all the way.
The California Horse Racing Board has suspended Jeff Mullins for 30 days effective May 9 and also fined the trainer $2,500 for a TCO2 violation that occurred in 2008.
Four-time Eclipse Award-winning trainer Todd Pletcher has been ordered to serve a 10-day suspension and pay a $25,000 fine by the California Horse Racing Board.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- Hail Hooper, Hyperion
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Gleneagles to Try for Guineas Double
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences
- Geller to Follow Loiselle on Woodbine Mic
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud