Hundreds of people who make their living in Ohio's horseracing and breeding industry rallied at the state capital May 19 to support a plan for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks.
As Kentucky's equine industry awaits word on whether Gov. Steve Beshear will call a special legislative session that could have racetrack gaming on the agenda, representatives of the state's racetracks and horsemen's groups will hold a press conference May 20 to discuss the state of the horse business. Meanwhile, Ohio horseracing interests plan a statehouse rally May 19 to lobby for legislative relief.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- USDA Officials Address American Horse Council
- Live Stream of Welfare Summit Offered July 8
- TOBA Names Top Owners, Breeders for 2014
- F-T Summer Sale Adds Stakes-Winning Fillies
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week