The wire got there just in time for True to Tradition, who nosed 52-1 shot Rouse the Cat for victory in the Nearctic Stakes (Can-II), a Breeders' Cup "Win and You're In" race on the Woodbine turf Oct. 4.
Moved from the main track for the first time this year, the $200,000 Arlington Sprint Handicap was won in gate-to-wire fashion by odds-on choice Mr. Nightlinger, who set a course record for 5 1/2 furlongs on the firm Arlington Park turf course Aug. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Roberta 'Bobbie' Croll Dies at Age 94
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent
- Laurel's Average Handle Rises for Winter Meet