Star Track Farm's Mother's Sacrifice won an early duel with A Perfect Wood and a late challenge from So Sweet a Cat before posting a 1 3/4-length victory in the $155,863 New York Breeders' Futurity that highlighted the Labor Day card at Finger Lakes.
Star Track Farm's Grey Comet and David Cassidy's Unswept are the colts to beat in Sunday's $75,000 Damon Runyon for New York-bred juveniles going 1/16 mile at Aqueduct.
Sunday's four-race New York Stallion Series will showcase some of the state-bred program's top 2-year-olds and turf horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start