Team Block's Never Retreat, who had been scheduled to make her final start in the Jan. 7 Marshua's River Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park, has been retired from racing.
Never Retreat, ridden by the red-hot Julien Leparoux, overcame the far outside post to capture the $350,000 First Lady Stakes (gr. IT) on the Keeneland turf Oct. 8.
Never Retreat picked up her second grade II win of the season on the Woodbine turf when she outlasted a deep field to capture the Canadian Stakes (Can-IIT) Sept. 18.
Never Retreat, beaten as the favorite when second to Bay to Bay in last month's Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT), turned the tables on her rival at Woodbine in the $313,395 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-IIT) July 10.
Never Retreat found a yielding turf to her liking when she swept past the leaders in the stretch and cleared off for a 1 3/4-length win in the $200,000 Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IIT) at Keeneland April 16.
Team Block's Never Retreat, trained by Chris Block and ridden by Julien Leparoux, took over from Persuading at the top of the stretch and went on to win the $100,000 Honey Fox (gr. IIIT) by a length March 5 at Gulfstream.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Our Channel Makes Trek for American Derby