It's time to remind breeders and broadcasters alike that stamina still exists in America and remains an essential part of breeding classic winners.
A Triple Crown title seems well within his reach. read blog
When you get right down to it, the Belmont Stakes is all about stamina; horses running a distance they likely will never run again. You can throw out speed figures and any other handicapping tool you use. read blog
With the final round of Kentucky Derby (gr. I) preps underway, so begins the usual analysis of top contenders--Are they good enough?--Will they get the distance? read blog
By Evan I. Hammonds - Advance deposit wagering, which most sources agree accounts for about 10% of handle on Thoroughbred racing, is the sport's latest battleground.
Major stakes winners are usually considered top Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contenders, regardless of their pedigrees.
What traits enhance an equine athlete's potential for speed and stamina?
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Wise Dan Back to Jogging on Track
- El Kabeir Walks Shedrow, Dortmund Gallops
- Delaware Horse Racing Boosts State Economy
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Haskin: Carpe Diem, Mubtaahij Test the Track
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 28, 2015
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- California Chrome Will Skip Lockinge Stakes