The 2009 Thoroughbred Political Action Committee Stallion Season Auction held by the New York Thoroughbred Breeders is under way and wraps up at 8 p.m. EST Feb. 12.
The Belmont Child Care Association is soliciting donations of stallion seasons for an online auction to be held March 26-30. All of the money bid will benefit Anna House, a BCCA childcare center at Belmont Park established for the working families of New York racing.
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's stallion season auction, held Tuesday, attracted more than $100,000 in winning bids, a record for the annual fundraiser.
A 2002 nomination to leading sire Storm Cat was purchased by WinStar Farms for $450,000 during Monday's Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale. The no-guarantee season was tacked onto the end of the Monday session after W. T. Young's Overbrook Farm donated the season to benefit the American Red Cross.
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association will hold a stallion season auction Dec. 12 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. (PST) with all proceeds to benefit the CTBA's political action committee.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate