St. Jovite, Virginia Kraft Payson's homebred 1992 European Horse of the Year, died Jan. 9 at Michael Keogh's Baysax Manor Stud in The Curragh, Ireland, due to the infirmities of age.
Unbeaten Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Ruler of The World will take on eight rivals in the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby (Ire-I) June 29 at the Curragh while his trainer bids to extend his dominance in the classic.
Fly North, dam of champion filly Farda Amiga, was euthanized July 11 because of complications from arthritis.
St. Jovite, winner of two of Europe's greatest races, will stand at Michael Bowe's Greentree Stud in County Tipperary, Ireland.
Kentucky Broodmare of the Year Northern Sunset, the dam of four major stakes winners, was euthanized today after suffering a stroke. The 26-year-old mare was owned by Payson Stud owner Virginia Kraft Payson.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short