St. Jovite, Virginia Kraft Payson's homebred 1992 European Horse of the Year, died Jan. 9 at Michael Keogh's Baysax Manor Stud in The Curragh, Ireland, due to the infirmities of age.
Unbeaten Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Ruler of The World will take on eight rivals in the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby (Ire-I) June 29 at the Curragh while his trainer bids to extend his dominance in the classic.
Fly North, dam of champion filly Farda Amiga, was euthanized July 11 because of complications from arthritis.
St. Jovite, winner of two of Europe's greatest races, will stand at Michael Bowe's Greentree Stud in County Tipperary, Ireland.
Kentucky Broodmare of the Year Northern Sunset, the dam of four major stakes winners, was euthanized today after suffering a stroke. The 26-year-old mare was owned by Payson Stud owner Virginia Kraft Payson.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala