Kevin Krigger has never won a Triple Crown race, but he admits it's on his bucket list. May 18, he could become the first African-American jockey to win the Preakness in 115 years since Willie Simms' victory in 1898.
Jockey Kerwin John, who earned his first career graded stakes victory when he guided Everest Stables' Island Fashion to victory in the Oct. 3 Lady's Secret Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, will retain the mount in the Breeders' Cup Distaff – Presented by Nextel (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Work
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Firing Line Stretches Legs in Derby Breeze
- Keen Ice Warms Up for Derby With Workout
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work
- Birdatthewire Delivers Smooth Churchill Move
- KY Derby: Jerry Crawford on Keen Ice, Puca
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur