Kevin Krigger has never won a Triple Crown race, but he admits it's on his bucket list. May 18, he could become the first African-American jockey to win the Preakness in 115 years since Willie Simms' victory in 1898.
Jockey Kerwin John, who earned his first career graded stakes victory when he guided Everest Stables' Island Fashion to victory in the Oct. 3 Lady's Secret Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, will retain the mount in the Breeders' Cup Distaff – Presented by Nextel (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6