Kevin Krigger has never won a Triple Crown race, but he admits it's on his bucket list. May 18, he could become the first African-American jockey to win the Preakness in 115 years since Willie Simms' victory in 1898.
Jockey Kerwin John, who earned his first career graded stakes victory when he guided Everest Stables' Island Fashion to victory in the Oct. 3 Lady's Secret Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, will retain the mount in the Breeders' Cup Distaff – Presented by Nextel (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride