Kevin Krigger has never won a Triple Crown race, but he admits it's on his bucket list. May 18, he could become the first African-American jockey to win the Preakness in 115 years since Willie Simms' victory in 1898.
Jockey Kerwin John, who earned his first career graded stakes victory when he guided Everest Stables' Island Fashion to victory in the Oct. 3 Lady's Secret Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Oak Tree at Santa Anita, will retain the mount in the Breeders' Cup Distaff – Presented by Nextel (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Starspangledbanner to Return to Coolmore