Fed Biz, flying through the homestretch, caught tiring favorite Goldencents late to win the Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. II) in track-record time at Del Mar Aug. 25, giving trainer Bob Baffert his fifth win in a row in the race.
Fed Biz, a colt that came with a big price tag and a world of potential, recorded the first graded stakes win of his career with a gate-to-wire triumph in the $151,000 San Fernando (gr. II) Feb. 12 at Santa Anita Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert won his 100th stakes race at Del Mar Aug. 31 as favored Fed Biz, unraced since February, rallied after being passed mid-stretch to edge Jimmy Creed in the $100,000 El Cajon Stakes.
Fed Biz, a colt with a building reputation despite a slight record, gave an indication as to why there's so much interest when he dominated four sophomore rivals in a one-mile allowance race at Santa Anita Feb. 9.
A Giant's Causeway colt sold for $950,000 to owner Kaleem Shah. The colt was consigned by Lane's End Farm as agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays