Fed Biz, a three-time grade II winner who set a pair of Del Mar track records, has been retired and will stand in 2015 at WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Intent on getting the lead from his far outside post, an aggressive Fed Biz was never challenged while romping to victory in track record time in the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) July 26 at Del Mar.
Fed Biz, flying through the homestretch, caught tiring favorite Goldencents late to win the Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. II) in track-record time at Del Mar Aug. 25, giving trainer Bob Baffert his fifth win in a row in the race.
Fed Biz, a colt that came with a big price tag and a world of potential, recorded the first graded stakes win of his career with a gate-to-wire triumph in the $151,000 San Fernando (gr. II) Feb. 12 at Santa Anita Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert won his 100th stakes race at Del Mar Aug. 31 as favored Fed Biz, unraced since February, rallied after being passed mid-stretch to edge Jimmy Creed in the $100,000 El Cajon Stakes.
Fed Biz, a colt with a building reputation despite a slight record, gave an indication as to why there's so much interest when he dominated four sophomore rivals in a one-mile allowance race at Santa Anita Feb. 9.
A Giant's Causeway colt sold for $950,000 to owner Kaleem Shah. The colt was consigned by Lane's End Farm as agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut