Belmont Park opens its 59-day spring/summer meet April 29, the highlight of which is the 147th Belmont Stakes (gr. I), the final jewel in America's Triple Crown series.
The 59-day Belmont Park 2010 spring/summer meet, which is highlighted by the June 1 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), kicks off April 30.
Hollywood Park closed its 64th Spring/Summer Meet Sunday virtually on par with its record meet of 2002 as common pool wagering totaled $688,581,157, down just .05 percent from the figure of $688,935,976 a year ago.
Hollywood Park will pay a record $9.5 million in stakes purses during its spring/summer meet that begins April 24. The Southern California racetrack has restructured its stakes schedule to create five big days offering multiple graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Summer Arrives Edition